Saturday, June 16, 2012

Daddy Through Riley's Eyes

IMG_2497

In honor of Father's Day, I asked Riley some questions about David. I plan on doing this every year and comparing the answers.

How old is Daddy? 5.

How much does Daddy weigh? 1.

Who is Daddy's favorite person? Me.

Who does Daddy love? Mama.

What is Daddy good at? Church.

What is Daddy's favorite food? Oatmeal. Like me.

What is Daddy's favorite color? Pink. And it's mine.

What is the best thing about Daddy? I love him so much.


Riley definitely does love her daddy so much. Every morning when she wakes up she happily says, "You not go to work today, right Daddy?" She wants him to stay home and play with her. Every time she hears a car pull into our driveway or a neighbor's, she can be found running to the door yelling, "Daddy's home!" The smile that lights up her face when it really is him is beautiful (and far more natural than the one pictured above). 

Caroline is full of smiles and coos for her daddy, too. I don't have any recent photos of Caroline and David, but I'm planning on snapping some tomorrow when they're all decked out in their Sunday finest. 

I'm so blessed. I can't imagine a finer husband or father to our girls. He prays for us faithfully, provides for our every need, and loves us unconditionally. He puts up with our shortcomings graciously and wants to help us become who God would have us to be. David and I met when we were fifteen and I can honestly say he has positively impacted my relationship with my Savior each of those years. From his zeal as a young teenager to his knowledge of the Bible as an adult, he has set a wonderful example of a Christian. 

IMG_0455

I can't let a Father's Day post go without mentioning my own dad. The men who have had the biggest impact on my life have certainly been godly. Besides David and my mom, there's no one on this earth that I respect as much as I do my dad. I'm thankful for a father who loves the Lord and stands up for Jesus; for a dad who loves his children and would do anything for us; and for a dad who loves his granddaughters "just as much as their parents do" (or so he says). 

My dad wasn't one of those guys who thought his kids were the best thing since sliced bread. He loved us and thought we were good kids, but he knew we were sinners and needed help being molded into the people God would have us to be. I didn't always appreciate it in the moment, but I'm so thankful for the time and energy he put into disciplining and training me so that I can be a productive adult and a decent parent (and mom's effort, too). It's awfully nice to be past that stage of life, though. I'm glad his goal wasn't to be my friend when I was a kid and a teenager, but it certainly is nice to be at the point in my life where my dad is my friend. 

2 comments:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post! I love her answers to the "Daddy" survey. :o)

    ReplyDelete